- I’m not a whiner and I know it will probably rain thousands of days for the next few years, but for now, I’ve had it with rain. Little Boy is completely going nuts inside and I can’t get him to play by himself for longer than thirty minutes. Even in my company, he doesn’t care. He wants to watch his favorite television show, or empty every possible cupboard or just go outside and play in the sandpit (which will probably be a mud pit by now). I would even let him, if it would only stop raining!
- Being a consistent blogger seems to remain an issue. I have enough ideas for posts by now, I should just start writing and plan some things ahead. Tonight I don’t have to cook (yay!), so I could totally do that – but I’ve left my bin with clothes to iron alone for too long.
- Normally I don’t do ironing. Really. I buy clothes that I can wear straight away after washing, and my husband’s shirts are his problem. Luckily he has a grandmother who really adores ironing, so most of our stuff is going there (and since she finds it easier to iron things when she washed them herself, she does most of are laundry too). Except for LB’s clothes, and they are still too small to need ironing. However… I like to wash his sheets too and for some reason I feel like I need to iron them (don’t ask me why…) and besides, I really need to learn it because, well, I’m just bad at it. So better start with small things (and not letting the bin become a mountain).
- On the other hand: I vacuumed twice this week. With LB being awake (and helping and making a mess behind my back)! The vacuum cleaner broke though. I hope it’s just because it was too full and needs to be emptied (my husband does that and probably I could too, but I just don’t feel like it). If not… well, we’ll die in dog hair. Oh and I mopped the floors too! Not that you could see any evidence of it, even a few minutes after it happened, but I did!
- I need to watch movies entirely, even if only to report about it. Most of the times, I quit halfway and go to bed. Read a little. Still the same book, by the way. I have some other library books laying around and one of my friends gifted me Train Dreams. Can’t wait.
- I have read a lot of blogs and blog posts lately, a lot on Facebook too, but I really wanted to share this one, by Renee at Sapling House. Taking beautiful photographs (and sharing them) can sometimes take is away from what/who we’re having in front of our lenses. Her daughter reminded her beautifully to remember to actually spend time together instead of photographing their time together. It’s something I might be guilty of too (only LB is too young to tell me)…