- This has been a very long weekend. While it was a very lovely one, I’m really tired. Entertaining my little boy is almost a full-time job. And while I know it’s good for him to learn to play alone, he has a very short attention span.
And a sixth sense when it comes to knowing when I plan to do some cooking or work in the house.
- Luckily, my sister has the same ‘problem’. Her son is only two months older than mine, and she called me Wednesday if it was OK to come over for the afternoon (it’s a 90 minutes drive, so she was absolutely nuts but it as well worth it). The boys had loads of fun, and we had good talks.
- There were loads of shopping trips. When it comes to food, I was doing OK, but in the toy store I took a splurge. I needed a sandpit and I came home with two games, a plastic soccer ball and a magic tablecloth like thing where he can write on with a water-filled pen. The water evaporates and after a few minutes he can start right over. (I didn’t forget the sandpit though). Oh well. At least all of it stimulates creative play.
- Little Boy also got a late Easter present from his godfather. A nice hammer toy (the kid loves to bang on things) and a long sleeved washable eat-and-paint apron. I think that last one will become a very cherished item here at home!
- While my extra-long weekend was mostly about little boy (aren’t all days like that in a way, the moment one becomes a parent?), I did manage to squeeze in some reading. I’m enjoying a Man betrayed, the second one in the Book of Words series by J.V. Jones. I love reading fantasy and completely getting settled in a new world. I try to read a novel for every fantasy book, but when it comes to relaxing completely, I’ll choose the latter.
- I enjoy blogging a lot. Reading blogs, commenting, discovering interesting topics. I just have to make sure it doesn’t become a chore. It’s in my nature to go wild on new things and then don’t keep up with it. As this isn’t my first blog at all, I’m aware of this. No pressure anymore. If I can’t find inspiration or don’t feel like blogging for nine days in a row, that’s fine. (
Now please, dear me, take note!)
- I particularly like Heathers’ blog hop every Thursday. It’s a very young tradition but I’m so grateful she started it. I have a lot of fun with it, visiting all those blogs, and discovering kind commenters. The concept is as simple as genius: sharing pictures taken in or kitchen during the week. A lot of food, of course , but also snippets of life. I love it. You will too.
- I discovered Lisa’s blog and her post The things that matter really moved me to tears. Go read it. You’ll be glad you did, I promise.
- And thinking there must be a huge fire going on, only to discover it’s the reflection of a gorgeous sunset in the window of a neighbor, makes me realize how much I love this place. It’s not perfect. Not at all. But I love it and sometimes a little love is all you need to make it perfect.